Old September 4th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default GIMP

In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

So does GIMP. I'm not bashing PS. I'm just pointing out that
almost everything PS does, GIMP does. And the gap between
functions is narrowing all the time.

that's not even remotely close to being true. photoshop does a *lot*
more than the gimp and the gap is *growing*, not shrinking. people who
think that the gimp is essentially a free version of photoshop are
simply unfamiliar of what photoshop can actually *do*. and it's not
just a feature checklist; as i said before, there are a lot of little
things that make working in photoshop more productive.

So you say... but every time we down to brass tacks it turns
out that GIMP does what PS does, but differenty.

um, no. and last time we went thru this, you even agreed that a number
of things that i mentioned were in fact missing from the gimp, such as
adjustment layers, to name just one. and cs4 debuts in three weeks
with a plethora of new features that gimp doesn't have.