Old August 18th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Wishing To Go DSLR

On Aug 17, 4:23 pm, "Just Shoot Me" wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 17, 1:23 pm, "Just Shoot Me" wrote:
Hello

I have been thinking about going DSLR and would like a little help making
up
my mind.
Right now I am using a Nikon Cool Pix 8400.
I only do indoor photography and don't mind working with a tri-pod.
$2,000 is what I can spend total on a new DSLR, Shoe Flash? and a New
Tri-pod.
I like wide angle but not curved pictures, Something user friendly.

any suggestions would be great.

Thank you

Jenny

Wait 2 months for new models to come out. New ones will be better,
old ones will be cheaper.

a couple of weeks ago I would have replied with "wouldn't that always be the
case"
but just last night I was telling a friend that I would feel safer when
today's models become cheaper
than getting an older one now. I didn't think 2 months would be enough
time. One model that caught my eye is the Canon EOS-1D Mark II N. A friend
did recommend the Canon 20D. Because I travel a lot I would like one that
is pretty strong.
I guess I will hand around the digital groups for a while sharpening my
skills.
thank you

Jenny.

$2G won't buy the 1DMkIII (or fix its focus problems!) the 20D is out
of date. You can get a 30D for about $800 and a decent zoom/flash with
the remainder.