Old December 10th 04, 04:49 AM
Skip M

"me" wrote in message
How many watt seconds do I need? I'm using a 35mm film camera. I'll be
shooting in my single car basement/garage and a smallish living room.
Ambient light from sun is dim, EV4 at 100 ISO for both.

I'd like 3 lights, main, fill and hair/bg/kicker. I assume the main and
fill
should be the same w/s but how many w/s should the other light be? I'm
trying to come up with a ratio like 1/2 or 1/4 as many w/s as main.

I also want more than 3 power levels. I think this would be more versatile
and may be a necessity since I don't have room to move lights further from
the subject to reduce power. What do you think?

I apologize if this question is vague but I have never purchased studio
lights before.
Thank you for your help.
me

Remember the old quote, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"
Substitute "Light" for "Speed' and "bright" for "fast."
The lights I have only give me about 700w/s, but they've been sufficient for
my purposes in the small space I have to work.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com