Old January 21st 18, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The Race for The FF MILC is ON!

On Jan 20, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-01-20 19:12:28 +0000, Savageduck said:

On Jan 20, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

We've heard 'bout the Nikon Z FF mount 16mm flange! Could be a
winner... But now Canon seem to be entering the game with a FF EOS M!!!
18mm flange but the concept is proven!!!

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-sen...r-major-mirror
les
s-presentation-next-month/

http://tinyurl.com/yblyluqp

I was happy enough with an APS-C DSLR, and I am happy enough with an APS-C
MILC. If I ever find myself desiring a larger sensor I might as well go to
MF.

MF as in medium format ain't no more sinze the new sensor is nowhere
near 6x4.5cm but that said a Fuji GFX cost at least twice the dough of
an Sony equivalence. 6k vs 3k GBP for the back only...

https://www.parkcameras.com/search/go?w=fujifilm+gfx

https://www.parkcameras.com/search/go?w=sony+a7riii

Those are two very different cameras when it comes to sensor size among other
things. The Sony a7R III has a FF 35.9mm x 24mm 42.2MP sensor. The Fujifilm
GFX50S has an MF 43.8mm x 32.9mm 51.4MP sensor. That Sony could hardly be
called an equivalence, it isn't.

If you are looking for a camera to compare the GFX50S with, you need to look
to the Hasselblad X1D-50c. That camera has an MF 43.8mm x 32.9mm 50MP sensor.
those two cameras are equivalents worthy of comparison.

....and if you compare prices of those two:

Fujifilm GFX50S (body): $6499.95

Hasselblad X1D-50c (body): $7995.00

What is "Flange"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Some of us have already figured out what flange distance is.

Good for you!

Savageduck