Old July 19th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

Default 40D CAUGHT IN A STAREDOWN!

On 2008-07-19, David J Taylor wrote:
Helen wrote:
[]
I don't understand why anyone should care if a photography topic is
crossposted. Crossposting makes it easy to see replies and saves time.

It is quite clear from some replies that cross-posting to some newsgroups
is seen as an unwelcome intrusion there, and yet people persist in doing
so. Rude? It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Well, it serves one purpose in one particular case. Filtering out
anything here crossposted to aus.photo improves the SNR no end.

F'rinstance I had no idea of this thread's existence until you dropped
aus.photo. Have I missed anything worthwhile? I think not.

--
savvo orig. invib. man