Old January 2nd 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default BEHOLD THE POWER OF INFRARED !

On Jan 2, 3:25 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Here's a rather boring shot I took off the mountain today.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/91112475/original

It is notable only because the mountains in the distance are usually
not visible and lost in the haze. But today was a clear day.

Now look at the same scene taken with the Totally Infrared D60:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/91112663/original

The mountains in the distance seem to jump out at ya.
Infrared is great for cutting through smoke and haze.

I like the second shot very much, but as Troy points out there is a
lot of dark foliage so it doesn't look very IR-ish...

The demo would have been better if it really was the same scene (it's
a different angle and different lighting). And I'm afraid that first
shot looks like a John Navas effort with the smudged foliage (yes, at
'original' size!).

We have a similar-ish valley scene near here (I'm thinking Mt
Tamborine, for the locals), so I might give this a go soon.. I
haven't done much IR, and this is an interesting observation.