Old November 15th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum[_2_]

Default Orchestral soul caught on camera..

"Sosumi" wrote in message
By accident I had the camera in manual, so the flash fired, but the
shutter stayed open. So I moved it, figuring it was lost anyway. But at
home I found it rather nice. Like at captured the "soul" of music:

http://photos-of-portugal.com/Orchestra.jpg

Anybody else have such "miss fires"?
Could be fun!

Nice photo. I have taken photos with this type of result, but generally on
purpose. In fact I took a good one taking this to the extreme just a few
weeks ago. I was taking a photo of a building with loads of people walking
in and out and back and forth between me and the building. Stopping the
people was impossible. So I used a tripod, 13 stop ND filter and a 30 second
exposure. Everything that was moving (the people) blurred into invisibility.
There is some fuzzy masses in the doors where the people going in and out
were nearly constant for the entire 30 sec.

Randy

Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL