Old February 27th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default FYI Rawshooter Essentials 2006 available

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article xtrMf.1715$Uc2.375@fed1read04, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest
even number says...

I've since upgraded to the Premium version,

How does the Premium version compare with the CS2 RAW converter?
--

Alfred Molon

Premium version is not at all happy with 5D, CR2 files until you purchase
the colour engines. This makes the whole point of using Rawshooter premium a
covert money grabbing exercise by the developers. I wouldn't be so
concerned if it were not for this point. A more workable (and cheaper)
solution is the new ACDSee. It does pretty much everything Rawshooter does
and will read and process normal image files too.

The other thing is that Canon's own DPP is not at all bad with these files
and does batch processing too. One "feature" of 5Ds not available in
RawShooter is the several different types of scenes recorded in RAW files
and easily chosen at development time with DPP. I have found DPP to be the
only RAW developer accessing all the capabilities and offerings from 5D, RAW
files. RSP works pretty well on Olympus files but it's single biggest
shortcoming is in the way it cannot develop a RAW file and conceal the noise
and other really bad parts of an under exposed image and dark areas as well
as Photoshop CS can. I know not about CS2.