Old January 7th 05, 03:37 PM
BILWIL

Default Tamron 180mm 3.5 macro lens

Just ordered up one of these lenses in time for the Spring insect/flower
season, but it hasn't arrived yet. I have read all of the test reports
I could find in this thing, and am truly impressed. I 've had a Tamron
90mm 2.5 adaptall version for years, and love it. (especially the bokeh)
I find I now need a longer lens however, thus the budget stretching
purchase. I should mention I think, that I have been using the 90mm off
and on with a Vivitar 2X macro converter which makes a 180 f5 lens, but
is very awkward to use. I have had some VERY good shots with this combo
BTW.

Was wondering if anybody has any tips above and beyond normal macro
shooting techniques in field use for the 180 3.5 lens. Would like to
hear the good, bad, and/or ugly points of this lens from folks that have
actually used it before I start burning film. Thanx ...

Bill Wilson