Old September 17th 04, 04:01 PM
hassy_user

Default Papers for the Epson 2200 - Best image quality

I am an experienced photographer, and know my way around a color
darkroom pretty well, but have just started trying out a 2200. I have
not shopped around for papers yet (I've just stuck with the nice Epson
Matte), but am curious to know if it is worth it to buy the very
expensive rag, etc papers, and if they give an edge in image quality,
or just archival stability. I am more concerned with image quality,
and am willing to pay extra for it. If it makes a difference, I am
using scans from 6x6 done on a Nikon LS8000 at max resolution and bit
depth, so I have enough source data to warrant trying to squeeze out
more quality in the print. What papers are you all using on the high
end, and why are they better? And can I get ICC profiles for them?
Thanks in advance...

Christopher