Old November 15th 14, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Doug McDonald[_8_]

Default Travel Camera

On 11/14/2014 6:55 AM, Trundle wrote:
I'm travelling to Nepal next year to do some trekking and am looking to
whether I should upgrade my Panasonic Lumix TZ10? I would ideally want to
take my Canon EOS 70D but it is just too big and bulky, so am looking for a
camera which will best capture the landscapes/people/wildlife. A useful zoom
range would be good too!
TIA

Given the nature of the landscape, I suggest any good superzoom camera
will do. That's because the non-landscape is ordinary, and an ordinary
good camera will do great. The landscape is not ordinary, and is best
captured with any camera set for normal or mild telephoto zoom, plus
lots and lots of practice taking panoramas. You don't even need a tripod
(except, I might add, a large heavy one, carried in your hands,
is great for attacking rabid dogs, not a joke!) as Photoshop's panorama
creator software seems to do a great job of piecing together the
randomly cluttered foreground.

My main camera for my two trips there was a Crown Graphic 4x5.
Any superzoom and panorama software will make my images look like crap.

Doug McDonald