Old November 15th 14, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Default Travel Camera

Trundle wrote:
I'm travelling to Nepal next year to do some trekking and am looking to
whether I should upgrade my Panasonic Lumix TZ10? I would ideally want to
take my Canon EOS 70D but it is just too big and bulky, so am looking for a
camera which will best capture the landscapes/people/wildlife. A useful zoom
range would be good too!
TIA

For light weight travel and simplicity, I use a Canon PowerShot S-120 on
trips. It is really pocketable, has a 5:1 zoom range, is f:2 at the wide
angle end, and the sensor , albeit small but not tiny, gives me nice pix
up to 8x10". ISO settings up to 800 give reasonably sharp pix in
low-light situations. It is silent in its operation as well.It has a
small built-in flash, but for distant flash shots, a Metz HF-DC1 tiny
external flash with slave properties can be very helpful. Remember to
bring extra camera batteries and chargers as well as power adapters for
overseas electrical outlets,and spare SD cards already formatted.

Have a nice trip,and good picture hunting.

Mort Linder

---