Old November 14th 14, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Trundle

Default Travel Camera

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't considered Fujifilm so will have a look at
some reviews.

On 2014-11-14 12:55:32 +0000, "Trundle" . said:

I'm travelling to Nepal next year to do some trekking and am looking to
whether I should upgrade my Panasonic Lumix TZ10? I would ideally want to
take my Canon EOS 70D but it is just too big and bulky, so am looking for
camera which will best capture the landscapes/people/wildlife. A useful
zoom
range would be good too!
TIA

There are going to be all sorts of opinions on this, so all I can do is
give you mine.
I have been looking at an affordable weight saving option for travel for a
while now, and I have been led to the Fujifilm X-E2. That provides a good
16MP APS-C size sensor, a reasonable kit lens, and a selection of good
lenses to meet most travel shooting needs. One could travel with an X-E2
and 2 or three lenses without coming close to the weight and bulk penalty
of a DSLR with one multi-purpose lens.

http://fujifilm-x.com/x-e2/en/
http://fujifilm-x.com/xf-lens/en/about/roadmap/

B&H, and Amazon have some good deals on it, starting with a $1099 body +
18-55mm kit from B&H.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008069-REG/fujifilm_16405018_x_e2_mirrorless_digital_camera.h tml
or
http://tinyurl.com/lcxwphh