Old March 19th 14, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

In article , me
wrote:

the weather sealing is the same as a d300.

Wrong at the get go. There is no weather sealing what-so-ever on the
door to the storage media and just guess what side of the camera faces
up when slung cross body over the right shoulder when using something
like a Blackrapid strap?

check again.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7100/

With effective sealing applied on various parts of the body, it
secures weather and dust resistance, equivalent to the D800 series
and D300S.

the buffer isn't as big, but
that's rarely an issue in most situations. the control layout and door
mechanism are *very* subjective and slrs are a rule are hard to use
with gloves anyway.

So over on the raw converter thread you push features I have no need
for in your preferred tool and now you call features I need and would
even prefer to pay more for subjective.

i didn't say you didn't need those features.

what i said was that it's rarely an issue in most situations, which is
true. that means it can be an issue in some situations, and you happen
to encounter those particular ones. most people don't.

what you need to remember is that nikon (and other companies) do not
make cameras for *you* personally. they make cameras to sell to the
most number of people. that might mean you need to buy a different
model if they don't offer the exact mix of features you want.