Old August 28th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Böwser

Default Canon vs Nikon - Which One

"measekite" wrote in message
We all know that the Digital Rebel XSi has an edge on the very fine Nikon
D60.

It does?

And the Nikon D300 (for a big wad of cash) has an edge on the Canon 40D.

Yes, and it's more expensive, as well, as you say.

And nobody knows how th3 Nikon D700 will compare against the Canon 5DMKII
(or whatever they will call it)

Based on the quantity of rumors that existed prior to each release, the edge
goes to the 5D II. (....sigh....)

But how do you think the new Nikon D90 Will share out against the Canon
50D.

All I can tell right now is that the D90 is a little smaller. I think we
need to see if Canon's 'gapless microlens' technology really can help. If it
does, well... Let's wait for the test images.

And how will the new Canon 18-200 compare agaqinst Nikon 18-200.

Both will suck. Nikon's may suck a little less since it's an AF-S lens, and
the Canon uses a micromotor for focusing (geez, why?). But I believe
suckitude will reign here.