Old January 23rd 04, 03:21 AM
zeitgeist

Default Posing a glamour model

It's true that I don't know my equipment inside out - I probably spend too
much time looking at the preview screen to check the lighting which

doesn't
help - maybe if I move the model less in relation to the lighting I can
start ignoring it a bit. Its all a learning experience. Maybe an audible
exposure warning would be a good addition to DSLRs for fools like me

here's a short cut, start with a large light source, and by large remember
my oft ranted concept of a wall of light imitating our favorite types of
outdoor natural lighting. You now have a wonderful, soft, semi directional
light that is very forgiving, doesn't require accurate metering each time
you move something, nor careful placement of the highlights.

Now you can concentrate on the subject.

Problem is that you have to get practice to get good - vicious circles and
all that. Who is going to want to pose for a bumbling fool like me except

my
other half

frankly strangers are still probably you're best bet, they don't discover
your an idiot till they are well into the session whereas your GF/SO/DP
already knows it in advance.

Like I said, the worst fights I ever had with my SO was during photo shoots.

the only thing worse than family for portrait subjects is.....

another photographer.