Old November 11th 04, 10:57 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Steve Lefevre posted:

I feel like if I buy a digital camera, I will be on a plan for
revolving purchases every 2-3 years. I feel like the repairable MF
will last a long time... I guess if they made digital backs, I would
go medium format.

Well, "they" *do* make digital backs for MF cameras. But, since you're
concerned about the financing for used MF gear, it's not likely that
you'll be in the market for one any time soon.

http://www.imacon.dk/sw2264.asp

http://www.sl66.com/slx/acc_digital.htm

http://www.eyelike.de/temp/index.php...umn=1&column=1

My advice to you is to do two things:
First, search the archives of this newsgroup for the *many* discussions of
MF vs. digital. You'll come across numerous viewpoints and pros and cons
that you may not have considered.

Second, disrgard all of it, and concentrate on making images. Only you
know what you want to accomplish with your photography. I'd be surprised
if it's based on clicking the shutter release without ever making an
image.

Regards,

Neil