Old January 23rd 16, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Monitor for photo editing on Macbook?

On 1/23/2016 4:53 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 1/23/2016 4:18 PM, newshound wrote:
OK I am fairly convinced by the Affinity Photo trial, but I think I need
a better monitor for my Macbook Pro (my current LG monitor on the PC is
showing its age). Obviously, Apple will be happy to sell me something
(at a price), but any suggestions for good products somewhere between
budget and Apple prices? Any good review sites?

I recently bought an Asus 4k 28" monitor, and think it neat to work with.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1053606-REG/asus_pb287q_28_3840x2160_led_lcd.html

I was ready to get the NEC, which has a lot more capability, but I
realized that I most likely would not really use them.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1098693&gclid=CKTbxLb0wMoCFUUTHwodHpsP Nw&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&A=details&Q=

If you consider the Asus, you might want to note that it:

I should have stated that the below is a quote from the reviews, not
from my personal experience.

Does not work with Mac Pro @ 60 hz
I bought this monitor because of the other reviews and price.
Unfortunately I've discovered (personally and other online) that the Mac
Pro computers with the D500 or D700 GPUs are not rendered correctly...

Note that in order to get full use of any monitor, you need a graphics
card that supports those features.

--
PeterN