Old September 9th 15, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A question for Applefans

On 2015-09-09 04:41:02 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:28:57 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-09-08 22:44:46 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 10:17:52 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Le Snip

The iPad is an iPad Mini, but I have no idea if there are model
numbers for iPads. Again, I went to the Apple store in the mall and
bought what was available at the time.

I am baffled by your purchasing methodology. At a minimum I might have
thought you would have done some online research.

Like the phone, it does exactly what I wanted a device to do when I
bought it. I use it primarily - and almost exclusively - as a way to
display photographs that I've put up on Dropbox.

OK! I understand that your initial intention was to use your iPad Mini
as a portfolio for Dropbox images. However, I am curious as to whether,
or not you have explored the use of Lightroom Mobile and Collections as
method to make similar presentations. You are paying your subscription
and that is one of the benefits you are paying for.

I know about it, but don't have an interest in going through with it
at the moment. What I have in Dropbox is a select group of what I
want to be able to show. Viewing what's in Dropbox does not require
any internet connection.

If you are viewing image files from your desktop Dropbox folder, how do
you access them on you iPad without connecting to the internet?
They are not stored in an iPad Dropbox folder, are you importing from DB?

With LR Mobile, once the sync is completed no internet connection is
required, as the full size files are not synce, only Smart Previews.

I haven't ruled it out, but it's not a priority for me.

OK.

I am not trying to make you do things my way, I am just saying it is
there, and you are paying for the service.

I find that Lightroom - Lightroom Mobile sync works very well. I don't
have to concern myself with the limitations of free Dropbox, and I can
get a public link for an image or a collection from Lightroom CC.
http://adobe.ly/1IB1zex

Savageduck