Old August 4th 04, 04:50 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

Default Ghosting Problem

Hi,

http://www.shampoo.ca/gallery/lachin...7_2004/image13

This ghosting and complete white out appears to be happening because the
D-MAX of my film is being reached. Note that the arms of the rider in orange
appear where the tree nicely appears in the background.

Just so everyone knows, this isn't the effect I was going for. ;-) I was
hoping to get some rear curtain sync blur going but not having my subject's
face rubbed out..

If my assumption is correct, my thinking is that I need to decrease the
exposure by a stop or maybe more and then increase the flash output by a stop
or more.

Assuming this is all correct, is there a way I can figure out how many
stops I need to decreate exposure and increase flash exposure by?

I was thinking of maybe metering the sky, then metering the subject and
using the difference as my compensation factor..

Does that sound right?

Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca