Old August 1st 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Mark B

Default Building a small silver recovery unit

Well as the one that started this I was far less concerned about whether
it was smart from an economic point of view. For the volumes I do I
know its not. The buckets are a pain. I don't have the resources to
spend the kind of cash it would take to buy the factory made ones.
Those run into the thousands and that investment would be far better
spent on a large format Epson 9600 inkjet printer than a recovery system.

An electric current pulling metal out of a solution has been around
since ancient man. Ancient coins were gold and silver plated,so the
current even as small as a dry cell battery should do it. Yes it must
be DC, but thats no big deal. I was hoping to find someone that had
actually done this before so I don't have to re invent the wheel.

Mark