Old July 31st 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Pieter Litchfield

Default Building a small silver recovery unit

I don't know how small a unit you want. I produce only about a gallon of
spent fixer per month, and I bought a complete inexpensive precipitator from
Porters camera (
http://porters.com/Merchant2/merchan... ory_Code=D1H).
I guess you could add a pump to circulate the spent fixer, but mine seems to
work well using convection only. It takes up to several days to treat a
gallon of spent fixer. I'm not sure how efficient it is (what the final
concentration of silver remaining in suspension is).

"Mark B" wrote in message
Well frustrations with the small silver buckets have me investigating
building my own silver recovery system.

If anyone out there has any references, input, has done that and would
like to share the design and how it works, it would be greatly
appreciated.

It really looks like it could be done fairly simply with a low voltage
current, two simple means to conduct it through the fluids, and a means to
keep the fluid moving.

Thanks in advance

Mark