Old December 10th 05, 01:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Integrity of Online Photo Processors

One4All wrote:
Some online photo processors like Shutterfly.com offer calendars of
your photos. I have a number of marketable (I think) images that I
would like to have made into calendars for friends and family.

However, I believe that once you upload an image, it can then go
anywhere & be used by anyone. I'm really skeptical of releasing
marketable images online. For calendar-sized photos, my files would
have to be large enough, so I couldn't upload low-res files. (When I do
submit these files for market, I'll send low-res files on CDR's to
prospects, then send high-res files on CDR's to buyers.)

Am I being too cautious, denying myself a service that I would like to
have? Anyone with experience/advice along this line?

I was considering www.snapfish.com for printing photos until I read
this gen in the agreement...

Accordingly, as a condition to your Membership, you hereby grant
Snapfish a perpetual, universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free right
to copy, display, modify, transmit, make derivative works of and
distribute your Content, solely for the purpose of providing the
Service. As a condition to Membership, you represent and warrant
to Snapfish that you either own your Content or have written
permission from the copyright owner to make such Content available
to the Service.

Sorry, but I do not see how SnapFish/HP needs ownership of my photos
in order to make prints.

--
Ray Fischer