Old December 4th 05, 01:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Integrity of Online Photo Processors

In article .com,
"One4All" wrote:

Some online photo processors like Shutterfly.com offer calendars of
your photos. I have a number of marketable (I think) images that I
would like to have made into calendars for friends and family.

However, I believe that once you upload an image, it can then go
anywhere & be used by anyone. I'm really skeptical of releasing
marketable images online. For calendar-sized photos, my files would
have to be large enough, so I couldn't upload low-res files. (When I do
submit these files for market, I'll send low-res files on CDR's to
prospects, then send high-res files on CDR's to buyers.)

Am I being too cautious, denying myself a service that I would like to
have? Anyone with experience/advice along this line?

Have you sold a picture? In what way would you consider a picture
marketable? - as a screensaver, framed print or with a picture library?

The cash value of any picture is determined by what the buyer is willing
to pay not what the seller thinks its worth.

There is a lot of software out there (free and otherwise) for producing
calendars, what you need is at least an A3 printer, preferably A2 or the
services of some company like Shutterfly. If you really don't want your
pictures used by another then don't give them away to your family or
anyone else for that matter.