Old November 2nd 05, 08:10 PM
salgud

Default Personal boycot of Lithium Ion batteries

SimonLW wrote:
The Lio-ion in my Dell notebook (only 2 years old) now only runs it for
10-15 minutes. About $200 to get a new one. The Sony Cybershot camera at
work, the Info lithium battery I get low battery warning after recharging
$50 to replace. My Fuji 6800, the Lithium was no good after three years.
I've tried some off brands for less $$, but they don't seem hold the charge
as the OEM. The $35 I bought as a spare form my 6800 never was that great
and it quit running the camera after 1 year.

They are expensive and have a short life span. From this point on, I'm going
with cameras that will take AA, or have the AA option in the vertical hand
grip (DSLRs). With AA's I can carry a couple spares without the cost of the
second lithium. And in a pinch, I can go buy Alkalines just about anywhere.
I can get 150 shots from alkalines PS camera or 300+ with Ni-Mh.

Well that's my rant. Perhaps Lithium longevity will improve. Don't the
hybrid cars use lithium batteries? Can't imagine the cost of replacing that
thing in three years!
-S

I'm not sure about the others, but the Prius uses NiMH batteries.
Warranteed for 8 years.