Old January 7th 05, 10:42 PM
Jimmy Smith

Default Swabbing a DSLR sensor

I have now learned that ALL owners of Canon 10D and 20D and Nikon's various
DSLR owners will eventually have dust on their CMOS sensors. This dust will
eventually show up on pictures. This is not a possibility..........
Unfortunately it is a fact.

I have a 10D and have now blown the dust off with a little hand powered
blower but I am thinking of "swabbing" the sensor to get absolutely dust
free sensor pictures. I am going to use a tiny spatula type device, some
PecPads and some Eclipse cleaner.

What I would like to know, is if anybody here has used this swabbing method
and what were your results? Have any of you suffered permanant camera
damage as a result?

Thanks

Jimmy