Old February 14th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountainsthis week

On 2/13/2017 12:01 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 2/13/2017 4:46 AM, android wrote:
In article ,

On 2017-02-12 19:42:26 +0000, said:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 18:27:18 +0000 (UTC), Stijn De Jong
wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express
dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup
crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San
Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

Three of the reasons my wife would not consider a move there. Although
she hate cold weather, she would sooner put up with an occasional snow
in.

Updated daily, more or less:

http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup

Även om Sverige är ett vackert land, var det inte anges som en plats som
vi skulle överväga att flytta till. (Jag hoppas att min mening var inte
förlorat i översättningen.)

Goog trans:

"Although Sweden is a beautiful country, it was not specified as a place
that we would consider moving to. (I hope my meaning was not lost in
translation.)"

Fair warning given then...

Ain't Google great.

Babble fish had the technology before them...

But it didn't do back translations as well. Around 1993 or 1994, I was
asked if I want to be project manager on a machine translation project.
using speech recognition. I turned it down because I did not think the
project had inadequate financing. They never really got off the ground.

--
PeterN