Old September 4th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
xenarshooter

Default Making sense of the sensor size?

Almost ANY method of describing sensor size would make a lot more sense than
the one they're using.

Neil

You can be sure they want to keep it confusing to the customers by not showing how
small a sensor they are buying, mine is a 1/1.7... (s6000fd) because they want folks in
a "happy buying dillusion" and so happy with what they buy. I did my research, and
it's all I need in a digital, for quality and budget. But that new f50fd has a larger sensor
of 1/1.6... and pocketable... yearn

width: 7.600 / height: 5.700 / diagonal: 9.500 / diameter 14.941 millimeters

xenarshooter