Old December 27th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default canon photoshoot on xp laptop

Hi all,

I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
camera. Any ideas on this mystery? Thanks,

Kev