Old December 6th 03, 08:40 AM
zeitgeist

Default Photographing In The Shower -- Help Requested

This Guy Here wrote:
Hello. I've been asked to make some photographs in a shower setting.
I usually use strobe lights, and I'm a bit apprehensive. Here's some
questions:

o Any tips on safety?

use underwater flash, or put your shoe flash with wireless sync inside clear
plastic food storage containers (tupperware, rubbermaid etc)

keep in mind that big strobes need some air to ventilate, really big ones
come with fans, so if you wrap them you'll want to monitor temps and not
shoot very constantly, but actually with a bit of time between pops. That
might also prevent use of modeling lights. You might want to consult with
a movie lighting director for their hot light set ups.

o How do I get water to bead on skin? Specific links to products
would be appreciated.

glycerine? That's what is used to place beads of condensation on glasses of
plastic ice cube water.

o Any guidelines on how long the session should last?

what's your budget and what does the model cost per hour?

Janet Leigh, who did the shower scene in Psycho spent a week in the shower,
said she never took another one.

o Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

water needs to be back lighted to be seen, especially the falling droplets.

consult with a lighting tech from movies or video, safety is a concern.