Old March 10th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
timeOday

Default How big a laptop screen?

MarkČ wrote:

Don't necessarily buy into the scam that is "wide-screen" laptop, etc. All
"wide-screen" really means is that you've got a LOT LESS vertical area to
work with...meaning documents are a pain, and so are portrait mode pictures.
I think the wide-screen thing was economic genius on the part of
manufacturers...because they got people to believe that slicing off the top
and bottom of their screens was a good thing(!?). It isn't...except to save
a bit of battery life, perhaps.

MarkČ

Yes, "wide screen" really means "short screen." I say that because a
15" widescreen has less surface area than a 15" 4:3.