Old September 14th 04, 05:29 PM
Steve Young

"Lionel" wrote

[crossposted to news.groups,rec.photo.digital, followups set to
news.groups only]

same here

Do *you* prefer rec.photo.digital.slr or rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?

I'm still seeing a lot of people expressing a preference for the earlier
name, but with a simpler charter, over the version in the current RFD.
While I feel that the current version of the DSLR group RFD is a pretty
good match between group name & the proponents' preferred charter, &
good enough that I'll vote for it if it's the only choice on the menu, I
personally still prefer the idea of a group that's simply about anything
people want to say about true digital SLRs, *as well as* digital cameras
that broadly fit in the same category, such as the Olympus fixed-lens
DSLR that been mentioned here a few times.
IMO, this would make for a simple, non-controversial charter that'd be
a very good match to the group name, & make it easier for potential
users to find the best group for their interests.
Other than that, I'd keep the charter as Thad & Alan have written it.

"slr-systems" for digital SLRs with a lens system, etc, or:
"slr" for DSLRs, regardless of the technicalities?

rec.photo.digital.slr regardless of technicalities

A P&S, compact, or camera, if it's really wanted

And of course new charters for rpd & rpe35, since it's called a re-org.

Steve Young