Old April 4th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

Default Commercial scanning of 120 BW film

"EBL" wrote:
Hi--

I'm looking for a US-based lab to mail 120 BW film from my new Holga.
I would like to get high-quality scans and negatives.

Any suggestions?

It would make more sense to get a cheap (US$150 or so) Epson flatbed* and
scan them yourself. After 5 or 10 rolls, you will have saved more than the
price of commercial scanning. Check out www.scantips.com for an introduction
to scanning.

*: Make sure it does medium format. Some models might only do 35mm. And some
models can't scan film. Get a model with Digital ICE if you can.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan