Old February 28th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default New HP A3+ Pigment Ink 8 Colour Photo Printer

The message
from "rafe b" contains these words:

"deryck lant" wrote in message

In the UK there are many exhibition quality prints being produced
by these "plotters"

Hey, look, I'm not putting them down, OK?

HP's niche has traditionally been in the CAD/CAM market.

Nick Helmuth (FLAAR) thinks they're great.

I don't really have any hard market data for any of these
brands (do you?), but I am most familiar with the market
for the Epson pro models.

From personal experience, it seems to me that Epson
has a huge role in the "fine art wide format" market --
but I have no numbers to show relatve sales volume
of HP, Epson, or any other vendor in that market.

If you have hard data along these lines, please share it.

Did not intend to wind you up. The knowledge you share on these
newsgroups is invaluable. I have no hard data as to marketshare.
In the UK HP is a very strong brand with excellent backup. HP
pricing against Epson seems more competitive here than in the
US. Designjet Inks are also lower cost per cc than Epson.

Deryck