Old September 13th 15, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
RJH

Default Viewing photos on a map

On 13/09/2015 08:26, android wrote:
In article , RJH
wrote:

On 13/09/2015 07:42, ray wrote:
On 13/09/2015 07:16, RJH wrote:
I may be misremembering, but I'm sure the old iPhoto app on a Mac
allowed a 'map' view. Effectively a scalable map, with pins that
indicated where a photo was taken.

This seems to be missing from the newer Photos app. I've looked in the
help section, which apart from being inexplicably slow to use, shows
screenshots from a seemingly different application, and seems to suggest
it's not there. I can search by location, but there's no way to get this
map overview, which I found useful.

Is there an application for Mac that has this feature? Or am I missing
something?

Location data is picked up from the meta data of the image.
If it exists then 'get info' on the selected image (there is an icon on
the menu bar) will bring up that information together with a map showing
the location.

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. I was after a map overview of all of the
photos. So a scalable map (a map that scales between different, er,
scales - 1:1000, 1:1,000,000, etc), from the world, down to my street,
with pins to indicate where a photo was taken.

I did a websearch for ya:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=geotag+mac+map&ia=images

This stuff is USD 3.99:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/53113/photo-geotag

Haven't tried it, you first... ;-)

Ha! And sorry again - still not clear!! Most of my photos are geotagged,
following no small amount of time/effort with iPhoto. It's just the map
bit I'm after.

--
Cheers, Rob