Old November 14th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell[_2_]

Default Sending film in for developing.

I have been using my local Wal-Mart over the years to get my film developed
and it has been super cheap. I could get a roll of 35mm print film done for
about $2-$3.00. Now it is the same price as the one hour places and they
take a week. It used to take two days. It is strange that 120 film
developed there is still only something like $2.00 a roll for 10 exposures,
but it does take two weeks. I know they send it to Fuji in my state. I sent
my last roll to York. It used to be that York had about 10 labs and I could
send it to Chicago or somewhere around there. Now I have to send it to
Maryland, which I guess is their only lab. I have heard they are owned by
the same company as Clark and a few others. (York is cheaper though.) I
can get my film developed (both formats) at my local camera store, but again
it is around $6.00. I don't do enough to do my own. I was wondering if any
one knows of a place to send film that is not going to cost an arm and a
leg? I'm in Wisconsin. Thanks.