Old December 4th 08, 10:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

Default [SI] New Mandate: B&W

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:01:25 -0500, BÔwser wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:28:41 -0500, BÔwser wrote:

By popular demand, the new mandate is B&W. While I'm sure that the posters
meant Black and White, I see no reason to restrict it to only black and
white photos.

Here is a B&W photograph of a B&W engine on test. It seems to qualify
on two counts.

I'm not going to enter it as it's not my photograph.

Sounds nice. Where is it?

Damn!

Perhaps I was trying to keep it secret. :-)

Here it is
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/...ae71f4.jpg?v=0

If you can come up with another interpretation of "B&W,"
please feel free to do so. Of course, if you want to submit three photos
that showcase what truly constitutes a successful black and white photo,
like composition, texture, and lighting, that's OK too. The shoot-in is
he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

I'll update the Rulz pages sometime today or tomorrow, so be patient.
Lastly, the deadline for this mandate is January 4th, 2009. I went an
extra
week to allow people to recover from New Year's Eve. Please try to submit
your photos by 6PM Eastern Time (USA).

Please limit your submissions to 300K each, three submissions per person.

Fire at will!

Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens