Old August 8th 04, 09:36 PM
Paul Friday

Default Loading 120 film in a Yashica MAT 124G

In message , Andrew McCall
writes
Hi People,

I finally have my Yashica MAT 124G that I bought up from eBay. Its in
great condition and am pretty pleased with it.

I bought some 120 roll film for it, and started to try to work out how
to load the film - but I can't figure it out! I think I need an empty
roll from a previous film to load it correctly, but I am not too sure,
and I think this is where I am going wrong as I don't have one.

Empty spool in the top, full one in the bottom. Remove the gummed paper
band entirely. Unfold the tongue on the end of the backing paper. Bring
it around the back of the camera and into the empty spool.
Keep tension on the backing paper with your thumb, and wind the winding
lever until you are sure that the backing paper has locked into the
take-up spool.
Wind the lever until the black bar across the backing paper with an
arrowhead on each end, points at the red dot at the side of the film
gate.
Close the back of the camera and wind-on until the crank stops. Turn it
backwards and park it. You are now ready to shoot.
After the 12th frame, the camera will wind-on until the film has all
been transferred to the top spool. Open the back of the camera and
carefully remove the top spool, keeping the backing paper tight. Lick
and stick the gummed paper strip to keep it closed.
Transfer the empty spool from the bottom to the top and start again.
--
Paul Friday