Old March 31st 18, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| you are pirating it.
|
| Not necessarily.

Those programs were actually put online by Adobe
some time ago. Adobe themselves provided the
keys. There were license terms with the downloads
that said they were only valid if obtained from Adobe
directly. Check. So it's all perfectly legal.

Later Adobe altered the terms to say the download
was intended only for people who had bought the
programs but had lost the media and key.

My guess is that they were offering them
to get new customers who might then want to
mortgage their house to buy the latest version.
Then it probably turned out that there were no new
suckers to be had. Only people who were interested
in Adobe products *if* they were free. So Adobe
backtracked and officially claimed that, "Yes, we're
giving this stuff away. But not really."