Old December 22nd 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

Default Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

John A. wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:40:47 -0700, "Bob Hatch"
wrote:

"John Navas" wrote in message

On 21 Dec 2008 17:42:56 GMT, Allodoxaphobia

wrote in :

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:49:19 -0700, Bob Hatch wrote:
"Neil Jones" wrote in
I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on
the refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found
were
too small or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of
frames?

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store
and buy a roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape
to the back of the frame, and put it on the fridge door.

Checking first to see the your refrigerator is not made from
aluminum or plastic....

Elsewise: Plan B.

Velcro.

I use commercial grade Velcro to hang pictures, up to 16x20 with
small frame, on the walls of my motor home. Some have been there
for
50,000 miles over all kinds of roads.

I use the magnetic tape to attach carpet to the outside steps of
the
motor home. I do add hot glue to the tape, but I leave the carpets
on the steps when driving. I've never lost one. They wear out in
about 2 years, and I remove the magnetic tape and put them on the
back of new carpet.

Either would work, but the magnetic tape will be easy to take down
and clean the fridge door, it the door is a metal that will hold
the
magnet. If you're worried about the adhesive giving way, just tack
the magnet down with hot glue or a bit of gorilla glue.

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

So paint it white and use magnetic primer.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)