Old January 21st 04, 10:47 PM
Brian Kosoff

Default Road ruts with Jobo

The problem is with 120 roll film in the 2500 series drums, although I do
not get even development when I process 8x10 film in the 300x series drums.

On 1/21/04 4:25 PM, in article BC34587A wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a Jobo cpp-2 processor I am getting an uneveness in
development which jobo refers to as "road ruts" that is a linear uneveness
that runs the long length of the film, in the direction of the rotation.
It's dense on the edge, then lighter 1/3 of the way in, then denser, then
lighter then denser.
Jobo says to slow the speed of the rotation down from the 75 rpm that
the manual suggests, so I have slowed it to about 50rpm, but I am still
getting the ruts. My film is 120 tmax 100, the developer is d-76 1:1, I
am using a 5 minute presoak, 4 rinses after fix and kodak rapid fixer. No
stop bath. I shoot primarily very high key scenes and still lifes where
eveness of background is critical.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Brian Kosoff
kosoff.com