Old January 24th 04, 01:20 AM
Michael Scarpitti

Default Road ruts with Jobo

Brian Kosoff wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm using a Jobo cpp-2 processor I am getting an uneveness in
development which jobo refers to as "road ruts" that is a linear uneveness
that runs the long length of the film, in the direction of the rotation.
It's dense on the edge, then lighter 1/3 of the way in, then denser, then
lighter then denser.
Jobo says to slow the speed of the rotation down from the 75 rpm that
the manual suggests, so I have slowed it to about 50rpm, but I am still
getting the ruts. My film is 120 tmax 100, the developer is d-76 1:1, I
am using a 5 minute presoak, 4 rinses after fix and kodak rapid fixer. No
stop bath. I shoot primarily very high key scenes and still lifes where
eveness of background is critical.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Brian Kosoff
kosoff.com

Mechanical agitation that is invarying inevitably will be harder to
control than manual agitation using inversion in a standard tank. The
allure of mechanization is obvious, but I process exclusively by hand,
and never have uneven development.