Old March 7th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
J. B. Dalton

Default Sony announces H7 and H9 cameras

Stephen Henning wrote in
news

Then why did you say:
I would never want in camera post processing myself.

It is like about 90% of the features on the camera. They are there if
you want them but you never need them, you can ignore them. The
reason I buy a camera is because of the features I want, not because
it doesn't have the ones I don't want.

This camera (H9) answers 90% of any objections I have ever had about my
H5. I'm not going to buy one because of simple basic features it doesn't
have that I deem essential.

For example, it has no way to use an external (off camera) flash. No hot
shoe. No PC connector, much less TTL metering. I'm astonished that they
would make a $500 camera and leave off a simple $0.25 connector! This is
one where the entire marketing dept. should have been fired outright!

JB