Old March 24th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] New mandate needed

On 2012-03-23 20:14:17 -0700, Robert Coe said:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:19:30 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: On 2012-03-23 14:48 , Robert Coe wrote:
: On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, wrote:
: : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
: wrote:
: :
: :
: :ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
: :
: : Taxis
: : On the Road
: : Album Cover
: : Man's man
:
: Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
:
: Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has
: a camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
:
: Instead of harping on his suggestions, what are yours?

Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
directed at me recently.

As for my response to Bowser, he and I live in the same metropolitan area,
where the taxis are as boring as they are anywhere. (A few years ago, the
mayor of Boston made a campaign promise to demand that all taxis in the city
be the same color - white.) I'm confident that Bowser recognizes this and took
my attempt at humor in the spirit in which it was intended.

Bob

However some of us live in areas which could hardly be termed
"metropolitan". Out here in Paso Robles, CA you would be hard pressed
to find the taxi, and I am not even sure what color it might be.
There is a rumor that some of the San Luis Obispo, and Pismo Beach cab
companies might be persuaded to do business in North County , but they
seem to be thin on the ground up here.
There are several limo services which cater to the wine tasting circuit.

I know that there is a guy who drives an old Checker Cab, but that is
his personal ride and not the legendary town taxi.

Come to think of it I haven't even seen that Checker around for a
couple of years now.

Savageduck