Old March 12th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott Norwood

Default Eastmancolor Film #5293

In article 810704e514ec7@uwe, afedexman u42034@uwe wrote:
I have a 35 mm film roll I need developed but I can't find anybody who will
develop it. It is Eastmancolor #5293 ASA 250

This is color negative motion-picture film, balanced for tungsten
light. It's really listed as EI 200 in the Kodak brochures. The
process is "ECN-II" and any motion-picture film lab should be able
to develop it, although most won't touch such a short length or
will charge a very high minimum fee. It should have BH-type
perforations instead of KS-type perfs that are normally used on
film for 35mm still cameras.

Obviously, you won't get normal 4x6" prints or contact sheets from
a motion-picture lab. You would have to take the negatives to a
regular lab for those.

You could also try Rocky Mountain Film Labs.

Do not try running it through a C-41 machine; the ram-jet backing
will make a mess and probably wreck someone else's film.

I mailed it to them but it was returned and Snapfish said they couldn't
develop it either, can anyone please help me, I took photos of my children
about 20 years ago with it and I would hate to loose the photos before I see
them.

It shouldn't be 20 years old. I believe that 5293 didn't come out until
the early 1990s.