Old September 17th 15, 11:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Will need new printer

On 2015-09-17 00:51:44 +0000, philo said:

On 09/16/2015 05:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:

My credit card billing cycle is closed, printer just ordered

Thank you very much...the $200 rebate this month sure made it easy on
the budget.

Enjoy! I am sure you will be a happy camper. ...er, printer.

Well, my wife will be using the printer. I now have the old one to
play with...it might be good enough for printing out letters...

Regarding printing documents and letters with a printer intended for
dedicated photo printing, I have discovered that while printers such as
your R1800 and my R2880 and Eric's R3800 are quite capable when it comes
to printing letters, a less expensive to operate, general purpose
printer such as some of the all-in one printers are better suited to
that job.

I found that it was better to seperate the tasks and I leave my quality
photo printing to my R2880 with its more costly inks. My document
printing from my desktop, printing from my mobile devices (iPhone &
iPad) and more casual photo prints are left to an Epson Artisan WiFi
printer which cost me less than $100 at Staples.
The seperation of the two tasks has saved me considerably when it comes
to ink usage and expenditure.

...and the new Epson all-in-one printers have WiFi and big ink tanks.

will experiment tomorrow.

Have fun.

I have a cheap laser printer for text...since 95% of what I do is just
printing out crossword puzzles...I'm still using a cartridge which
should otherwise have been replaced.
If we need a decent quality letter printed, the old Epson should be
better than that.

I ran some more tests on it this morning and the color quality is poor,
but for a text printer it's still pretty good...so I think I will keep
it and use it until the last of our old ink is used up.