Old September 17th 15, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Will need new printer

In article , Bill W
wrote:

As far as dried up ink cartridges in my Epson Artisan XP-610 goes, it
has proven to be a non-issue. With my low demand on document prints I
can print as needed from my Mac, my iPad, my iPhone, and my
stepdaughter-from-Hell can print from her iPhone, all with the XP-610
not physically connected to anything, all done by WiFi, a great way to
share a home printer. The added bonus is the ability to scan to those
devices via WiFi, all for less than $100.

...and the photo printer doesn't have ink wasted on mundane tasks.

Sure, if the printer actually gets substantial use, then inkjet is
fine, and maybe a better option than laser. For someone like me, who
rarely prints documents anymore, a $50 laser printer is the only way
to go. Even after months of just sitting there, it happily prints
perfectly clear text. That wouldn't work with my all-in-one inkjet,
and I haven't had any ink in it in a couple of years now. I just use
it for scanning these days. The really good news for me was that my
Canon photo printer sat for a few months, and nothing clogged. I was
very surprised. And relieved.

i print rarely, rarely enough that i think the inks have actually
expired, and my epson printer does not clog.

my old epson from 15 years ago did clog every once in a while but
technology has advanced a lot since then.