Old June 4th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default Now THIS is what I call a pose...

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 16:57:31 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
: I tried to tell those who said things like, "Who will really buy this body?"
: that they were kidding themselves...that this will likely be the
: fastest-selling top-tier body in years...and it is.
: The problem now is that Canon is having trouble keeping up. It's
: understandable, since they *really did* start from the ground up on this
: body.

Well, you wouldn't want them to sacrifice quality control to get more units
out faster. Some companies, faced with a similar demand for one of their
products, might do precisely that. One hopes that it would be a losing
strategy.

Canon must be doing pretty well. My impression is that the
XTi/400D/[whatever_they_call_it_in_Japan] is also selling better than they
might have expected.

Bob