Old April 8th 18, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default X-T2 Capturing Gannets

On Apr 8, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articleuaednZM8JK2TZFTHnZ2dnUU78R_NnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 08/04/2018 02:44, Savageduck wrote:
I thought I would try to get things back to photography. These were shot
with
an X-T2 + XF 50-140mm f/2.8 (+2X teleconvertor, not my favorite accessory,
but it seems to have worked.)

http://macfilos.com/photo/2018/3/28/...ts-of-muriwai-
beach

Excellent! I'd love to try an X-T2 but can't justify it for the amount
of photography that I do. I manage with an X-E1 and the humble XC
50-230, but you do have to pre-focus. So OK for shots of show-jumping,
birds on perches or at feeders.

The X-E1 was a good camera when it was first released, but not a great choice
when it comes to AF-C and tracking of subjects in motion. The firmware
updates/upgrades issued for the X-E2, and X-E2S were not available for the
X-E1 so it did not gain the improvements to AF, particularly with zone
tracking. If you can find one of those used, or perhaps even a clearance
X-E2S, they would do a better job for those subjects than your X-E1, and they
are available at very good prices.

You would gain a much improved AF.

http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/

If you want to get an even greater improvement you might consider an X-E3,
which was released with improvements to AF which the X-T2 only gained via a
firmware update not available for the X-E2/E2(S). The X-E3 would also give
you the newer 24MP X-Trans III sensor and CPU with all that brings to the
game.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e3/

https://fujifilm-x.com/us/cameras/x-...42.1523193894-
1873624120.1425149713