Old January 16th 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

Default The lovely ladies of Death Guild

"Vance" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 10:12 am, Al Bar wrote:
I left my heart in a goth club in San Francisco =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mesolim...7612545672346/

No offense, but I live in San Francisco and you really need to take
someone out who knows where to get the great image and how to get
them. Nice snaps of your outing though.

If you take me out to the "great image" and show me how to get it, from a
philosophical standpoint, why are they not your images. Compare with, if you
show me how to see and just take me to an area.

I am not picking on words and certainly don't mean to disparage your
comment. But I think that on too many workshops, the instructor/group
leader simply tells you where to plant your tripod and what exposure to use,
as opposed to letting you do your thing and then making suggestions. with
clear explanations.

Last weekend I went to the beach with a friend, who is an excellent photo
artist. We simultaneously saw the same shot. His was far superior to mine,
simply because he shot from a slightly different angle. In my excitement, I
never realized the alignment of a sunbeam reflection with some seaweed,
until it was too late. Had he explained the alignment before he shot, the
picture would have really been his, not mine. Yet it was a good learning
experience for me.

--
Peter